Your terminal could lose communication with the payment network if internet (or GPRS) connectivity becomes unstable or unavailable. If your terminal loses connectivity, please perform the following steps:
- Restart your terminal first and perform a log-on to see if this fixes the problem.
- If you are on Wi-Fi
- Restart your router – Turn the terminal off before restarting your router. After restarting, wait for 2 mins then turn the terminal on again and connect to the network (by pressing and 1 to log-on).
- If possible, plug the Ethernet/LAN cable into the terminal to check if it connects to the internet.
- You can create a mobile hotspot from your phone to check if the terminal can connect to a different network.
- As a backup, you can give us a call to activate the SIM card in your machine.
- If you are on GPRS
- Open the back cover of your EFTPOS terminal and remove the SIM card. Clean the slot and card gently, then re-insert the SIM card. Make sure to lock the SIM in place by sliding the SIM card holder upwards.
- As a backup, you can create a mobile hotspot from your phone to get the terminal back online.