98% of Chinese smartphone users have used Mobile Payments.
Alipay and WeChat are lifestyle super apps, embedded in Chinese daily life.
China is fast going cashless
The preferred way to pay overseas
Convenience, speed and familiarity
Preferential exchange rates
Pride for Chinese brands
Discounts on Purchases
QR payments aren’t just for tourists
41% of New Zealand’s 26,000 international students are from China. 35,359 Chinese people were granted New Zealand residency between 2012-2016
Benefits for your business:
- Low transaction fees with NZ dollar for dollar settlement
- Your customers find it easier to spend – with favourable exchange rates their money goes further. Alipay also offers ‘buy now pay later’ option to its users meaning they have greater access to funds
- Reduce cash payments – no need to worry about change, large amounts of cash in till or your customers being restricted to what’s in their wallet
- Be visible to Chinese when they are planning their trip – Get a free translated listing in Alipay’s Discover Platform. Learn more
- Leverage Alipay and WeChat Pay’s special offers and promotions – Alipay and WeChat Pay both run major campaigns around key events in the Chinese calendar with offers to encourage their users to spend with merchants who accept these payment methods. Check out the latest Alipay Red Packet Global Campaign here