Your privacy is very important to us. All Personal Information is collected in a fair and non-intrusive manner, with your voluntary consent. We respect the privacy of users of the App and our Services, and recognise the need for appropriate protections and management of personal information that you provide to us.
In an effort to comply with the law, and our commitment to protect your Personal Information, we provide the following, which discloses our policies that apply across our services:
Collection of data
“Personal Information” is any information about an identifiable individual. Personal Information may include but is not limited to: identifying information such as name, telephone number and e-mail address. Where the collection of Personal Information is necessary, you will be aware that such information is required because you will have to provide personal details when utilising or enquiring about the App or our Services. The Personal Information that you submit is gathered only on a voluntary basis; you may choose not to provide Personal Information, though failing to provide certain Personal Information may mean that you are unable to access the App or make use of certain Services.
Information we collect and how we use it
We will use the information received from you to provide Services and to improve the content of the App, to fulfil your requests, provide the Services’ functionality, improve the Services’ quality, track usage of the App and the Services, provide feedback to our business partners, and enhance the security of the App and the Services. Among the information we collect, please note:
- If you create an account on the App, we may store and use your name, email address and other information you may provide with your account. You can modify some of the information associated with your account by contacting us.
- When you create an account on the App, you are opting to receive messages from us. We may store information you provide through communications to us, including phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person.
- If you initiate a transaction through the Service, we may collect and store information about you in relation to the transaction, in order to process your transaction and send communications about them to you. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes.
- If and when you make in-App purchases, we will collect information about the nature of purchases made by you, together with your credit card or other payment details, to allow us to record and process that transaction.
- We will collect information on your usage of the App, such as error logs and crash recovery logs.
- We may collect and store information about your use of the Service.
Cookies Internet Users
Our Use of Your Information
Sharing of Personal Information
We will use the information received to provide Services and to improve the content of the App. In order to provide the Services, your Personal Information may in some situations be seen by us, our business partners, or operations and maintenance contractors repairing and maintaining our technical systems.
Other than as detailed above, we will not share or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other third parties unless such disclosure is required by law or without first seeking and obtaining your consent, except for the following circumstances: (a) we may share aggregated user statistics and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties such as advertisers, customers, potential customers and partners.
Storage, Retention and Accuracy of Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is safeguarded against loss, access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse, and to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information.
Personal Information you provide to us is stored in our secure database at our secure address with no access to unauthorised users, and is protected by passwords, encryption devices and firewalls. That said, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to us via the internet.
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and your consent to such purpose(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Smartpay Limited is the data controller in terms of the GDPR, and our registered address is set out below.
In accordance with the GDPR and New Zealand’s privacy laws, you have the right to view and change any Personal Information we hold about you at any time. You can contact us using the following details:
205 Wairau Road