Open your doors to more Chinese customers
3.6 million Chinese visitors are expected to visit NZ over the next 5 years – make sure your business is ready to welcome them
Soon you can accept Alipay and WeChat Pay payments on the same terminal you use for EFTPOS and credit cards.
- QR code appears on your terminal for your customer to scan, in the similar way to how they are used to in China
- Your customer pays in a currency they are familiar with, and sees the transaction in their own language
- Integrated with compatible Point of Sale systems
- To make the QR option available it can be as simple as an update to your terminal software
- No fixed term contracts for QR payments
Mobile payments from QR codes are now an integral part of Chinese consumer culture
65% Chinese tourist used mobile payments for their expenses abroad
Most popular items Chinese tourists purchase using mobile payments:
- Shopping 63%
- Dining 62%
- Tourist Attractions 58%
77% Chinese tourist said they spent more when purchasing with mobile payments
Sources: Nielsen 2017 Survey: Outbound Chinese Tourism and Consumption Trends
Smartpay’s Alipay and WeChat Pay solution
How it works
To start from your Point of Sale: If your Point of Sale is integrated for QR payments, simply enter the sale, and select QR payment on your tender screen.
Skip to step 4 if your POS and EFTPOS are integrated.
To start from your terminal: Select Alipay or WeChat Pay on the terminal.
Choose purchase and enter amount.
Terminal displays a QR code for your customer to scan.
Your customer sees the total amount payable in their own currency and approves the transaction in Alipay or WeChat Pay with their pin.
Once the transaction is approved on your terminal a receipt prints for you and your customer. If your POS is integrated it will close the sale.