For step by step instructions, download the Till2Go Getting Started Guide.
The guide will step you through creating a login, setting up your store and connecting with your EFTPOS terminal.
To see how to set up your Till2Go store, watch this short video.
Troubleshooting and FAQsTill2Go is a free, basic point-of-sale mobile application. A set up guide and tutorials on how to use Till2Go can be found through the in-app help menu or on our website. Smartpay is not liable for any loss or damages caused by malfunctions of the mobile app. From time to time issues may arise that are out of our control, we will not be responsible for investigating or fixing problems that may occur on unsupported hardware and operating systems. Please read the End User License Agreement (EULA) for further information. If you have EFTPOS enquiries or Till2Go feedback not covered in these FAQs, please contact us. To minimise any potential problems always ensure you are using Till2Go appropriately.
- Make sure you are connected to a secure Wi-Fi network. We do not recommend you use Till2Go or take payments using EFTPOS terminals over open or public Wi-Fi networks.
- Do not interrupt Till2Go while a card transaction is being sent or processed. Doing things such as answering a phone call, pressing the Home button or using another app will interrupt the payment communication process, and can cause the transaction to fail.
- Make sure you are following the terms and conditions of your Merchant Agreement plus all payment network provider and card acceptance requirements for any EFTPOS transactions. When using any EFTPOS terminal it is the merchant’s responsibility to keep a copy of their receipts – including electronic signature receipts.
- For EFTPOS transactions where the cardholder is required to sign their receipt, whether the signature is captured digitally on the POS screen, or manually on the paper receipt, the merchant must confirm the signature against that displayed on the card BEFORE they accept the transaction on the EFTPOS terminal. If a transaction is accepted on the D200 EFTPOS terminal before the cardholder signs on the POS screen, the merchant will be unable to verify the transaction if required to at a later date.
- To get the merchant copy of EFTPOS e-receipts the merchant should enter their email address into the Payment Terminal Settings.
- If you would like to add a POS receipt printer or cash drawer to your Till2Go set up please use recommended accessories for best results.
How do I accept card payments?
How do I print a physical receipt?
At the end of each transaction, you will be offered the option to email a receipt that includes the EFTPOS and POS receipt details. To print a physical EFTPOS receipt you will need to use the a Smartpay Smartlink Lite or SmartConnect enabled EFTPOS terminal with a thermal receipt printer. To print a physical POS receipt you will need to have a compatible Star POS receipt printer connected to Till2Go. Email email@example.com or call our sales team on 0800 476 278.
What happens if my Internet connection or Wi-Fi goes down while I'm using Till2Go?
Till2Go can operate in offline mode without internet connection so you will still be able to enter cash transactions on your device. These offline transactions will need to synchronise with the cloud database once your internet connection is restored. When there is no internet connectivity Till2Go may not be able to communicate with your EFTPOS terminal or other networked accessories, and will not be able to email receipts. Your EFTPOS terminal may be able to process payments in standalone offline mode. You will need to enable the offline mode functionality with your merchant bank.
Can I give a discount?
Yes. You can apply a discount to product line items using the preconfigured Discount buttons or by changing the price of the item.
Can I process a refund?
Yes. You can process a refund on Till2Go by entering a negative in front of the product quantity. Card refunds can be processed through the EFTPOS terminal if your merchant refund card has been authorised by your bank.
What reports are available on Till2Go?
Till2Go offers basic transaction reports that can be viewed on screen, and also emailed as a CSV file. Transaction reports can be customised to view date ranges. The Sales History option shows the sales and transaction receipts for all past sales. These receipts can be reprinted or emailed.
Why isn’t Till2Go sending card transaction requests to my EFTPOS terminal?
Your payment request may not be getting through to the terminal for a range of reasons. Most are simple to fix. Please see below troubleshooting for the most basic problems. ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————– Problem: Till2Go isn’t pairing with my EFTPOS terminal. Solution: You will need to use a Smartpay Smartlink Lite or SmartConnect enabled EFTPOS terminal to use the Till2Go app with integrated card payments. Contact Smartpay on 0800 476 278 to get integrated. ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————– Problem: My EFTPOS terminal can’t connect to a network. Solution: You may be having network or Wi-Fi problems. Till2Go uses the EFTPOS terminal’s IP to connect with Smartlink Lite. If you have a weak/poor internet signal or intermittent connectivity, or if the device running Till2Go and the EFTPOS terminal are on different networks they will not communicate. ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–Problem: My EFTPOS terminal is not accepting a transaction request. Solution: Your terminal should be ready to perform a card transaction if it is on the integrated idle/standby screen. Please ensure that you are not in a menu or in standalone mode when sending a request from Till2Go.