Welcome more Chinese tourists to your business with Smartpay’s Alipay and WeChat Pay solution
Celebrate the Year of the Pig
February 2018 saw a record 68,900 Chinese visitors arriving in NZ for the Chinese New Year holiday – more than double the amount from the previous year.
The 2019 Year of the Pig celebrations are expected to break records, bringing even more Chinese visitors to NZ. Businesses who want to benefit from this tourism boom will need to do more than put an ‘open for business’ sign on the front window. One of the easiest ways you can attract more Chinese tourists to your business is by accepting Alipay and WeChat Pay.
Sign up now & WIN*
To celebrate Chinese New Year all Smartpay merchants accepting Alipay and WeChat Pay will be entered into the draw to WIN* a trip for two to Wellington to see the Terracotta Warriors: Guardians of Immortality exhibit at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa.
Sign up to Smartpay’s QR solution before 15 March 2019 for your chance to WIN*.
Open your doors to more Chinese customers
Smartpay can help you open your doors to Chinese customers not only by enabling you to accept their preferred payment method, but helping you letting you harness the power of Alipay as a free marketing tool. Chinese don’t use Facebook and Google – Alipay is a lifestyle super app that can help your business connect to 600 mllion Chinese as they plan their trip.
Smartpay makes it’s easy to accept Alipay and WeChat Pay
- Accept QR payments on the same terminal you use for EFTPOS and credit cards
- Your customer scans a transaction specific QR and the terminal accepts or declines
- Integrates with compatible Point of Sale/Reservation platforms
- Easy to set up and uses the same simple process your staff already use for payments
- No set up fee, no long term contracts, no additional hardware
- Doesn’t matter who you bank with – BNZ, ASB, Westpac, ANZ or Kiwibank merchants can all have QR on their Smartpay terminal.
*Prize draw terms and conditions
- All merchants who have signed up for Smartpay’s QR solution before 15 March 2019 will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
- The prize includes:
– Return flights for two to Wellington (if the winner lives in Wellington they will receive a $500 Air NZ voucher)
– x1 nights accommodation and breakfast for two at Sofitel Wellington
– x2 tickets to Terracotta Warriors: Guardians of Immortality at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
All other expenses (food, transfers, travel insurance etc.) will be at the expense of the winner.
- The competition closes 5pm, 15 March 2019 and the prize draw will take place 18 March 2019.
- The winner will be contacted within two days of the prize draw. If the winner doesn’t claim the prize within 1 week the prize will be redrawn.
- The winner must be over 18 years of age and able to travel to Wellington the weekend of 6 and 7 April 2019 or the prize will be forfeited and redrawn.